Monday, September 14, 2009

Cheesy Love Story

INT - Kitchen

DENNIS sits over a wedge of cheese.

Dennis: Brie, baby, you know I'll always love you. It's not about that. I don't care if you're starting to get old.

Look, when I met you, I thought, I thought I'd never meet anyone like you. I didn't have any confidence, and you showed me that I've got something to offer.

I konw, it sounds pretty bad. "You showed me I don't need you." But, well, maybe that's what it is.

There's a knock on the door. Dennis opens it, and a there's a DELIVERY GUY standing there, holding a pizza box.

Delivery Guy: You Dennis?

Dennis: Yes.

Delivery Guy: Got a large, four cheese pizza for you, that'll be $11.99, plus tip.

Dennis pays him.

Dennis: ... Thanks.

The delivery guy leaves, and Dennis takes the pizza into a different room, out of view, and comes back to sit with the cheese.

Dennis: Brie, I'm sorry you had to see that, and I probably look awful, right about now. But, sometimes these relationships just don't have that long of a shelf life.

Dennis gets up, and heads off into the other room.

No comments:

Post a Comment